Address for TMCEC Municipal Judges: TMCECMunicipalJudges@yahoogroups.com
The purposes of this listserv are to (1) provide participants with up-to-date information on laws and procedures that affect the operations of Texas municipal courts; (2) allow participants to network, problem solve, and share with others what problems arise in your court; and (3) distribute information relevant to municipal courts, such as information on publications and seminars.
Dozens of judges are already participating on the TMCEC listserv, and users must be careful to not send irrelevant messages as they will be blocked from participation.
To join the listserv, send your name, title, court name, telephone number, and email address to Hope Lochridge at TMCEC or email this information to her. To remove your name from the listserv, just send a message to unsubscribe.
Listservs work like a mailing list of people who are interested in the same topics. One person can correspond with many people at once. Every message posted to the list is sent to all of the list subscribers by electronic mail received automatically.
The following terms are acknowledged and binding upon all judges using the TMCEC Listserv:
1. By participating, users claim that they are currently appointed or elected as a Texas municipal judge.
2. Users agree that the primary purpose of the listserv is to provide a collegial forum for municipal judges to share general legal information and thoughts pertaining to municipal court matters.
3. Users agree that they will not disclose specific information about pending cases, reveal confidential information, or make inappropriate comments in violation of the Canons of Judicial Conduct.
4. Users acknowledge that all electronic transmissions are neither confidential nor protected from public disclosure.
6. While the listserv is sponsored by the Texas Municipal Courts Education Center, the comments expressed by users are solely those of the author and are not those of the Texas Municipal Courts Association Board of Directors or the staff of TMCEC.